December 22, 2011

A Million Little Pieces (OK, just 1,254)

Writing and reading can be listed as things that help when you are stressed, especially for me. But, sometimes stressors can only be helped with something mechanical.  During the evenings of my last few days of work, I was experiencing a myriad of emotions and a bit overwhelmed.  I happened upon a small project that did wonders to help keep my mind and hands occupied and distracted.

Of course, during my first day home, I sat on my Kindle and broke it.  Sigh. Thankfully, it is still under warranty and they promptly sent me a knew one after reassuring me that I wouldn't lose any of my precious books.
Such a klutz! 

The project I'm talking about is Lego's Millennium Falcon! Yes, I'm a geek and proud of it.  I love Lego, especially their adorable minifigures, as witnessed below. (Thanks for the decorating tip, KC!)  The only thing I've actually bought for myself on this shelf (aside from the books) is Hagrid. The rest were gifts. ;)  Guess my geekiness isn't much of a secret.


Here's the box, front and back:


"Oh, this will be easy," I say. "Won't take but a couple of hours."  Not so much.

Play by play in photos:

Bags upon bags! Shakespeare, my Betta, was a tremendous help. :)







R2-D2 and Ewok Paploo not included in the set.






I admit, I'm not the best photographer.  Still pretty cool, huh?

May the force be with you!  ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know this about you. Wow!

Celine

Melanie R. Meadors said...

I am SO jealous of your millennium falcon! I should post a pic of elijah's xmas present on my blog. not NEARLY so complicated as yours, but we will have lots of fun playing with it. I can't believe how expensive those sets are though!!!

Viansa said...

They're so expensive. Sometimes you can get a good deal when they go on sale. Def post urs when done.

Viansa said...

Celine you've finally learned about my geekiness. :)